With 2013 well underway February Recipe Redux theme is Oscars in the Kitchen. With the Oscars just a mere 3 days away what better way to honour the Oscars than creating a healthy recipe inspired by either your favourite movie scene or featured dish from any movie. With so many choices it was hard to narrow down my choice. In the end I couldn’t go past the scene in Marie Antoinette where she is lying in a froth of decadence… eating cakes. Sounds like my kind of life! One of my favourite desserts is cheesecake but sometimes they can sit really heavy in your stomach and are also often very rich. My little shot glass vanilla no-bake cheesecakes are perfect for a sweet tooth but can also convince any non-dessert eater, its just too hard to resist. A modern take on an ever so classic recipe. Enjoy!
140g butternut biscuits (can use really any biscuit you like)
100ml low fat cream
200g low fat cream cheese
2 tbsp vanilla paste
1 nectarine (choose any fruit you like)
1. In a plastic bag or glad wrap place the biscuits and tightly secure. Crush the biscuits with a wooden spoon or anything you can find until biscuits are crushed.
2. Blend crushed biscuits in a food processer, add butter and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
3. Place biscuit mixture in the bottom of shot glasses about 1cm-2cm high. Place in refrigerator.
4. Whip cream separately until soft peaks form. Set aside.
5. Mix in a bowl low fat cream cheese and remaining sugar.
6. Fold whipped cream into cheese mixture and add vanilla paste.
7. Remove glasses from refrigerator and place heaped spoonfuls of cheesecake mixture on top.
8. Top with your favourite fruit and refrigerator for at least 1 hour.